School nurses are the primary health care providers within the educational environment. We promote each student’s optimal health status, physical and mental, to achieve their fullest potential as a learner and a person.
What do school nurses provide that no one else in the school district can?
- Assess health needs
- Teach and promote health practices
- Provide counseling, primary health care, emergency care, crisis management, and referrals
- Provide communicable disease control
- Access to community resources
- Perform mandated health screenings
- Perform special health care procedures; administration of medications, catheterization and tube feedings
Please contact the health office at 209-325-1254 or our school nurse Jody Jenkins at 209-325-1255 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The health office is located in the main administration office building.
The School Health Services Program is designed to provide a range of wrap-around services for students, parents, staff and the community at large. Please visit the Livingston Community Health program website for more information.