Welcome to Falcon Country
Atwater High School has a diverse student body with over 1,800 students. Our school offers students a vast range of academic pathways that lead to a rich high school experience. Many of our co-curricular activities, organizations, and clubs compliment the classroom experience. There is a strong commitment to involve students in our school. Atwater High School’s motto is: “Academics and Athletics with Pride and Perfection.” Falcon Country is a great place to go to high school. The community of Atwater is very supportive of our school. Many adults in the community volunteer and support our school through a variety of programs and projects. The school staff continue to look for ways to make our school better. Please explore our website and stay connected to our school.
The mission of Atwater High School is to provide students with a diverse educational experience that develops academic, technical and social skill sets in preparation for college, careers and life.
"A Relevant Education for All"
All students are Collaborative Workers and Community Participants who
- Demonstrate adaptability and good work ethic when working as part of a team
- Interact with others and communicate information effectively in a diverse society
- Contribute to their community responsibly and ethically
All students have the skill set to be Effective Communicators and Critical Thinkers who
- Read, write, speak, and listen effectively
- Evaluate information, solve problems and make connections between learning and real-world situations
- Research, synthesize and communicate information logically and effectively
- Create products with others employing a variety of media formats
All students have the skill set to be Responsible Citizens who
- Respect individual and cultural differences
- Demonstrate and practice personal integrity, accountability and digital citizenship.
- Make positive decisions and practice wellness.
All students have the skill set to be Self-Directed Learners who
- Use imagination and curiosity to exercise an entrepreneurial mindset and create original works as a means of personal expression
- Possess effective work habits and self-management skills needed for academic, vocational, and life pursuits
- Demonstrate personal responsibility and initiative toward continued learning by setting, achieving, and evaluating goals
- Demonstrate technological skills to successfully engage in academic and career pursuits